Shawn Blanc explains why Feed Wrangler doesn’t need folders:
To set up a smart stream as a “folder” do this:
- Under the Smart Streams box on Feed Wrangler’s sidebar, click ‘Create’.
- Enter a name for your new stream.
- Leave the search filter blank.
- Check: “Only include unread”.
- Uncheck: “Stream should include all feeds?”.
- After unchecking that last option, you’ll get a list of every RSS feed that’s in Feed Wrangler. From there you can select exactly which feeds you want to be in this stream (a.k.a. folder).
- Once you’ve selected all the feeds you want in this stream, click the “Create Stream” button and now you’ve got a Smart Stream that acts like a folder. Showing you all the unread items from all those feeds.
I have a better idea. Folders.